The best interactive marketing campaigns of December
We’re sure you already know the theme of this article: it’s CHRISTMAS (of course)! ??? Snow, presents, Santa, garlands, Christmas trees, we have all we need to create stunning campaigns. In this article, we have gathered the campaigns that stood out in December, created by our users to engage their audience and boost their sales. So have a nice read and Merry Christmas!
1. The sponsored Advent calendar of Toulouse FC
The Toulouse Football Club collaborated with their sales department to launch an Advent calendar 100% sponsored by their main sponsors. Each box of the calendar is dedicated to one of them with an exclusive game and prize to be won. To highlight their sponsors’ visibility, they added an automatic redirection to the sponsor’s page at the end of each game and displayed all their sponsors’ logos on the footer of the calendar. The cherry on the cake: they promoted their Advent calendar via Instagram and their newsletter.
Want to discover more about Toulouse Football Club’s digital strategy? Read their success story here!
2. The unforgettable Ardennes-étape days
Ardennes-étape, specialised in holiday home rentals in the Belgian Ardennes, decided to launch a five day Advent calendar highlighting five international or national days not to be forgotten:
- Animal rights Day (10/12)
- Ding-a-ling Day (12/12)
- The Battle of the Ardennes (16/12)
- Bicycle enthusiasts Day (21/12)
- Hug a tree Day (27/12)
For each day, they proposed an exclusive game (photo contest, quiz, vote campaign, etc.) for a chance to win one of the five getaways in beautiful holiday homes, each combined with an exclusive experience. To encourage users to take part, they suggested their audience follow them on social media and launched a nice teaser.
Want to know more about the international days of 2022? Download our marketing calendar 2022 or discover our ideas to create content around the funniest international days.
3. The classic Advent calendar of Pathé
Because Christmas is not Christmas without gifts, the cinema chain Pathé Netherlands also decided to leverage the Advent calendar and offer a different gift to their audience each day until December 24th. An excellent opportunity to grow their database while keeping existing customers engaged during the whole month of December!
4. The challenging calendar of La Voix du Nord
The daily newspaper La Voix Du Nord launched a calendar full of games, surprises and riddles.
- To participate, users had to be registered to La Voix du Nord (perfect to turn anonymous visitors into known ones ?).
- Every day, from December 1st to December 25th, a new game was available with an exclusive prize to win.
- At the end of each game, participants received a clue enabling them to find the mystery word of the day in an article of La Voix du Nord.
- With all the mystery words, participants had to reconstruct a question and answer it on December 24th.
- The participants with all the mystery words were counted double in the final draw to win one of two travel vouchers worth €1,800!
Exciting, isn’t it? How about launching the same type of campaign for your audience? Contact us so we can discuss your ideas!
5. The Belgian Red Cross’ personality test
This last one is less Christmassy but is still worth mentioning. International volunteer day is held every year on December 5th. For the occasion, the Belgian Red Cross decided to publish a personality test enabling users to discover what kind of volunteers they are. At the end of the test, participants could subscribe to the Red Cross’ newsletter to receive volunteering offers matching their profile.
Want to discover other inspiring campaigns created by our users? Discover our favourite campaigns of November!